Sunday, October 19, 2008

9 weeks

I am not sure to be happy or a bit sad that my little girl does not really need me to fall asleep anymore. Today each time I was holding her in my arms while very sleepy she would squirm and start squealing. So, I thought, well I will put her in her crib....she fell asleep in minutes. It came around to another nap time today and the same thing happened again, this time she fussed a little bit, but just squirmed a bit and fell asleep again. I cross my fingers when I say these words, because I have come to realize that after a few days of consistency with sleeping at night I think, "oh finally, we have a set routine"...then she surprises me the next day. ha ha
The whole sleep thing has been the biggest challenge, but it slowly is falling into place. I have also learned that each baby is different and going off someone elses way of raising their baby may or may not work for me.
I decided I needed to get her use to her crib if I was going to lay her down in it awake. Each morning she has time in her crib to play/watch her mobile...which she loves. This has familiarized her with her crib. She rarely cries bloody murder anymore while laying in her crib, not unless she is really hungry or has a wet diaper, and a couple times she just needed to burp.
She is such a good baby, and I love watching her change day by day.
Today was her first day to go to the nursery at church. Yes, I waited till she was 2 months old. It was hard, but then again it was nice to be able to pay full attention to the sermon today. She pretty much slept the whole time in the nursery.

0 comments: