Monday, April 7, 2008

Joy of the Father

Picking your child's name is no easy task. You have to think of what type of nicknames friends or bullies may give them, what their initials spell out, and will it be a mature adult name....
We have put a lot of hard thought into what our little girls name is going to be. We believe a name is very important, so we sought out a name that had significance.

Her name will be Abigail, which means, THE JOY OF THE FATHER. In Scripture she is known as wise and beautiful. We pray our daughter will live out her names meaning.

Her middle name will be taken from me, Elizabeth, which was my grandma's middle name also.

Her little kicks sure are getting strong, today when I was reading on the couch, I saw my book move. :)
Parenting is something that Justin and I plan to not take lightly. We have already discussed the importance of me being home with our child the first couple years. I do not plan to get a full time job right away, but more than likely a part-time counseling position.
We want to be the one that raises our children and to be there to see the first time they crawl, walk, talk, and the list goes on....

0 comments: