Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life

Friday the 11th my doctor checked to see if there was any progress of Abigail coming anytime soon. She said everything is on schedule and it does not look like she will be coming early. I have mixed feelings on this. I want her to come early, but I know that I need to finish up my hours for counseling. I still have 19 hours of client contact to get before August 6th. I am definately in the last stage of the pregnancy where I am just READY. I want to work out again and I am tired of worrying about if I have eaten or drank something I should not have that could harm Abigail. I just want her safe in my arms.
I have been doing a little research on vaccines. If you are a mother and know much on vaccinations, would you mind sharing with me your fears and not fears on vaccinations? I am nervous about them, not because I dont want my baby girl pricked by a needle, but I know there could be side effects to some vaccines. A childhood family friend was given to much of a certain vaccination and now he mentally disabled. I think vaccines are good to have, but I just don't know which ones are necessary and which ones are not.

Today I am working on my last assignment for my summer classes. It will be such a relief when I am done. I then only have to focus on preparing for counseling sessions. Justin and I have been enjoying our time alone before Abigail gets here. Just last night he said, it been nice just relaxing with one another, its kinda like the stillness of the ocean before the storm hits. :) We know that once Abigail gets here everything will change. We are aware that our quality time will have to be worked at. The other night we talked about fears once Abigail gets here for our marriage. Some that we mentioned were,

1. We will lose our intimacy.
2. Be more irritable with one another due to lack of sleep.
3. Not as much quality time with one another.
4. Putting Abigail first.

Since we are aware of these fears, we are going to work at not falling into the temptation of slipping apart emotionally, physically, and spiritually-- but to take this journey of parenthood to grow in our sanctification process. Dinner time is some of our best discussion time, it is usually when we ask one another questions-- like, how we can better our marriage or make sure there is no unsaid things that have been bothering one of us. I pray we will be able to secure our quality time and still evaluate our marriage. I know as time goes by with more children, evaluation for our marriage will be very important. It is so easy for marriages to get caught up in their children,and forget to take time to grow in their marriages. Being a woman that is worthy to be praised by my children and husband is something I desire to pursue the rest of my life. My family will always come first. I want to be able to reach out to broken families and give hope to them.

Most importantly I want to model to our children how a family should function-- I know that our children will have a lot of friends that will come from blended families. I want our children to know that marriage is a hard thing to work at-- but it is worth it.

Sacrifice comes in many different avenues, and family is where you will be tested the most.

I want our children to see that you have to work hard for the things and people you love. I know our society teaches do what feels good-- you should not have to be unhappy.

Well, a family principle in our family will be to not give in when times are rough-- but to persevere.

This ended up being longer than I intended...but it is all truth and I pray to be a faithful and loving mother that raises my children in a home that fears the Lord.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anna and Justin (and Abigail)!
Greetings from Kansas City !

What a joy it was to read your blog this morning. It is so refreshing and uplifting to see a family looking first to to the Lord for strength and guidance and their future. God is good!
You mentioned 'blended families' and that triggered a content alert for anything 'blended family'...thus I read all things 'blended family' in the world. :-) So we can serve better.
My wife Rebecca and I have a ministry to reach out to blended families to give them encouragement, hope, motivation and desire in their heart to follow biblical principles in their new families. God is a God of second chances. We have seen His goodness and his glory in our family and want to serve HIM by serving others. We have six children in a 'yours, mine and ours' family. God has been good to us.

Abigail is truly a blessed child to have you and Justin as parents.

WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL !
Keep looking UP!
Dan and Rebecca Snell
The Bonded Family

P.S. We have a son Lee born on August 6th, 1992. He is going to be 16 on the day Abigail is born. We will all be giving special thanks to God for the blessing of a child that day.

Amber said...

hey friend.
I would love talk to you about vaccines. I hope you got that book..it is GREAT and really informative.
I know you are probably SOOO ready! did you stop working out? I saw you said you want to work out again...if you want to hurry her along working out is just the thing. I worked out up until the day I had both my boys...like full on 30-45 min cardio and some weights and they both came early and fast!
Are you going to breastfeed? If so have you read up on it? I want you to know that I have been through the craziest of stuff in regards to breastfeeding and I just live down the road...so if you EVER need me to come over to help or encourage you...please call. I have all kinds of things you might need at the begining of feeding if you are having any problems. I would LOVE to help.
Also, I foresee us having ALOT of extra size 1-2 diapers if you need any I would GLADLY give them too you. I am looking for a taker.
About all your fears, you are wise to already have talked through the things that could happen to your marriage. It is so good to talk through things! Vern and I have found that if we focus on the good and on serving each other and the boys...we dont get selfish and needy. This way we enjoy our talks with eachother and they are very rarely, if ever, frustrated disagreements. We are best friends and closer than ever before. Many people focus on what they view as negitive things that the baby brings to their relationship in stead of focusing on the positive things the baby brings. You and Justin are going to be awesome parents. May the Lord bless you and keep you in this time!
I am so excited for you. PLEASE know that I am so close and will come even in the middle of the night if you need me. I would be honored to help with sweet Abigail!