Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Praying with Hope

Have you ever thought it is weird that many people all over the world write their personal thoughts and feelings online for anyone to see? I have always been one that struggled with being open with my true feelings and thoughts with others due to the fear of what they may think of me. It is easy putting on a mask day to day. There are days we may be truly hurting inside, but do not have the courage to break down to someone due to pride, fear that person will not look to you as having it all together, or simply not having a special friend to share these uttermost thoughts with.
I want people to be able to read my blog and find encouragement, but to also leave feeling challenged. There is so much energy and time I would like to put into this, but right now being in school I have not had that kind of time. I have come a long way with sharing my true self with others and have come to find that I encourage many people by doing so. From this day forward, you will still get Abigail updates, but I also want to start writing devotions, challenges to spur you on to being a wife of noble character, how to live simply...I don't know, these are just a few things that I want to write on. If you have any ideas that you would like me to write on I am free to suggestions. Also-just a side note--if you read my blog regularly please let me know you are a follower. There is a place on the right side you can click on to become a follower. I like to know who my audience is, this will help me know what to write on. Thanks!

I have come to be convicted of sleeping in until Abigail wakes up. So, when Justin gets up for work I have now started to get up to have my quiet time. I felt as if I was putting sleep before God. I was justifying that it was okay for me to sleep in because I had been up with Abigail during the night.
Well, I felt as if I was shorting myself when I would try to read Scripture in the morning while Abigail was playing. I was never really able to have a sincere time in prayer, it would get interrupted and I would forget what I had been praying.
It has been refreshing getting up before Abigail, knowing that my priorities are straight-- God--then my child. It is so easy to get caught up in putting Abigail first, instead of God. I really am striving to become more of a prayer warrior. I think at times it is easy to take for granted the gifts from God, and to stop praying specifically.
Two different times when I was in Africa I had asked God for a shooting star, and he shot one across both times. The first time was with a friend, the second I was lying on a roof with my girls. I simply asked, God will you give us a shooting star. As I finished saying star, a star went across the sky. I shouted out with tears streaming down my face--"God, you are so awesome!" Thank-YOU!
I want to pray with faith like that all the time. I must not take for granted the blessings God will give due to not praying with faith. Right now I am praying for specific things, by specific days. I believe God will answer them, right now all I can do is wait for Him to answer. As I wait I am encouraged by these Scriptures.

"But as for me, I will always have hope: I will praise you more and more." Psalms 71:14

HOPE: Confident expectation that God will intervene and deliver.

Sorry--have to go, Abigail is awake from her nap.

Be encouraged--

Cease from worry
Be still-- Psalm 37:7
Wait Patiently
Do not fret
Follow God's voice
Wait for peace

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

Hi Anna! I don't know if we have ever actually met, I used to go to HLG, and I stumbled onto your blog through a mutual friend-of-a-friend a while back. Just recently I've turned into a total blog junkie in my "spare time". :) Were you roommates with Meridith Cox?

Anyway, I read your last couple of posts and I find them encouraging! Especially your comments about praying regarding staying at home vs. working. My husband and I don't have children yet, but want to very soon! That has been the topic of our conversation lately and on my heart when I pray. We want to be totally led by the Lord in this area, so its nice to hear others who are going through the same things. I wish you the best as you continue to seek Him for direction concerning your family!

p.s. your daughter is adorable :)

Anna Pociask said...

Ashlie,
Thank-you for you sweet words. I am not sure if we have ever met, however, you look very familiar. Yes, I was roommates with Meredith Cox.
I have full confidence in the Lord that He will guide you and your husband in the right decision to make. Keep me updated!