Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scripture Memorization

I know I have a long road ahead of me, but this week the Lord has been leading me to learn of his holiness and how to tremble before Him. I know some people love storms, and actually one time during my life I loved to sit outside when storms would be rolling in, lightning all around, gusts of wind hitting me, and then when the rain started to pour was when I would go inside. Well, since moving to Texas storms scare the holy day lights out of me ( never really understood that saying) however, you get the point. I curl up like a little girl who is afraid of the dark. Oh wait, I still am afraid of the dark....hmmm...anyways, there is a Scripture that speaks to what I am getting to. Psalm 97:4 says, "...his lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and TREMBLES." How do I and (we) get to the point of trembling before the Lord as we do when loud thunder rumbles over the rooftops of our homes?
This week my memory verse is: "Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth." Psalm96:9. I am starting to post a memory verse on the right side once a week, you are welcome to memorize with me. I think memorization of Scripture is something that has been thrown to the side and seen as not important. When meditating on specific scriptures God really reveals Himself to me in a different light. I feel so much closer to Him. Right now I am asking Him to help me get to a trembling state with Him. You would think this would be an easy task, but with all the casualties in life, it is easy to sit back and not worship God the way He intended. Join me on this journey and pray for me as I step into a new light with God.
Love to all, Anna

1 comments:

Bryan Laramore said...

Good post, but Texas whether is awesome . . . except when the lights go out for 3 or 4 days and you have no electricity. So, we are thankful for friends :) who bring chocolate cake over when those blasted lights go out.

Scripture Memory and Meditation:
9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
11 I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, O Lord;
teach me your statutes!
13 With my lips I declare
all the rules [3] of your mouth.
14 In the way of your testimonies I delight
as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on your precepts
and fix my eyes on your ways.
16 I will delight in your statutes;
I will not forget your word.
Psalm 119:9-16