Tuesday, November 25, 2008

26 Years of Life

Every year when my birthday comes around my mom always reminds me that I am not officially my age until 5:23 pm that night. Every year I always say, "oh mom"...., well this year is different. I am holding on strong to the lasting hours of the age of 25 today. Justin keeps reminding me that now I have to round up--ewww.... to 30! Don't like the sound of that. That means I need to have atleast one more child before the age of 30. That is definately doable. But, right now I don't want to think about going through the whole pregnancy process and definately not the delivery process again! I am still trying to get back into shape!

This year I have been given the best gift ever for my birthday--ABIGAIL!
It's funny how so many things change once having a child of your own. I have recieved some birthday money and I did not even spend it on myself. I bought Abigail's Christmas dress and another cute outfit for Thanksgiving. I much rather buy for her. It is so fun! Probably with the rest of my birthday money I will have Christmas pictures done so we can send them out to family. Which reminds me--I need to get an appointment made.

For the past year of my life I have been pregnant 9 months of it and have had a baby in my arms the last 3 months. We concieved in the middle of November last year. Kinda fun, huh.

So--now being the age of 26 I can look back and remember a lot of:

  • Planning
  • Excitement
  • Planning some more
  • The unknown
  • Expectations
  • Joy
  • Preparing
  • Praying
  • Lots of pink,dresses and bows
  • Unconditional love
  • Sacrifice
  • Trusting
  • Thankfulness
  • Change
  • Being sleep deprived
  • Baby showers
  • Moving to a new apartment
  • Giggles and kisses
  • Wet and dirty diapers
  • Becoming a family of 3

I know in the years to come I will have even more to add to this list and a lot will stay the same. I look forward to what the Lord has for my life this next year around.

1 comments:

Kylene said...

You're young Anna! I turned 30 this year and it was hard! I will be half-way to 31 once our son is born. But I trust God's timing in all of this, and I know you do too! Happy late late b-day!