Monday, November 17, 2008

Is the grass greener on the other side?

Coming from a womans side of view.... from the time of toddlerhood girls naturally know how to cradle and take care of baby dolls. As we grow a little older we know all the rules to playing "house". We look to our parents and begin orchestrating what it looks like to be married. We eventually hit the age to begin dating. As we date we start sorting out the good and bad guys. Which one is quality material for marrying we begin asking ourselves..... We as women daydream about having the beautiful wedding, having babies, and a house to grow old in making fun memories on the way...
These are all things we can't wait for...what then happens after all these come true. The reality hits, I have my family, I had my beautiful wedding, and now what?

I have many single friends that look to me and think I have my life all figured out and my life is perfect because I am married and already have one child at the age of 25. I know I was in the category of being single back in college, but now I have other things to look toward. BIG life decisions that are not easy making. I do ask myself, what now? Am I living my life the way God would want me to be living it?
I know in May I will have a Masters in counseling. I love counseling, but I much rather be home impacting my children. This is a tough decision to make. Sometimes I hate how our culture is-- that the ideal is for both the man and woman to work. It be much easier not having the burden to feel like you need to help bring in any income. But, I want to work, but I also want to be a stay at home mom. We always want what we can't have. So--what will it be?
I could not image working 40 hours a week, coming home in the evenings cooking, cleaning, and only having a few hours to spend with my family. That breaks my heart thinking about that. I also know that the only way Justin will get his Masters is if I work. He can not keep working full time and finish his Masters. There are only so many night classes offered.
I have been reading the book of Acts in the mornings with Abigail. Acts always gets me on fire and reminds me of how I need to be spreading the gospel as the disciples did. I want to please the Lord with my life.
My fairy tale has come true, and now I wonder what the next big step is. I feel as if I have lived all my life looking forward to something and now that I don't really have something BIG to look forward to I almost feel lost.
I want the best for my family. But, honestly I don't know what that looks like. I think, I want to be back in Mo. so my family can grow up knowing their cousins, aunts, and uncles. But, what if that is me being selfish, and we get there and that is not what the Lord wants.
I know that the only way to know what to do is for me to pray. Will you pray for us and with me?
Pray that my selfish desires will not get in the way.
Pray that I will hear the Lord speaking.
Pray that Justin and I will be on the same page.

Hope you were able to keep up with my randomness....this is what is on my heart and mind right now. Thank-you for your prayers.
May the Lords will be done!

0 comments: