Sunday, September 13, 2009

This weekend I have two weddings, one is on Friday evening and the other on Saturday. I am really hoping to set up more weddings after this weekend. I really enjoy the atmosphere on wedding days. I catch myself getting caught up in the ceremony. I have actually got choked up at a few, and had to tell myself to FOCUS! Marriage is such a beautiful thing God created for man and woman to enjoy. Marriage is not seen as something holy anymore. Marriage is looked upon as a joke. People say, "why marry, when we can just live together" I can not wrap my mind around that. It was only 50 years ago when people who divorced were banned from their family, or looked down upon. We live in such a people pleasing world nobody stands up for what is right anymore.

When Hollywood is setting the example for the world that it is okay to have kids together, live together, and not be married....what do you expect. I am scared for what Abigail will have to face when she gets older. I am not saying 16 older, I am thinking when she is around 8. Life is rough for girls, they have such high standards to look perfect because of all the magazines portraying perfect bodies that have been brushed up on photoshop.
Sorry for getting on my soapbox..... I am blessed to have lived life with my husband for almost 4 years now. I could not imagine living with him without a certificate, without a blessing from the congregation who witnessed our marriage, and most importantly God's blessing.
Just a side note-- more than 50% of people who live together before they get married, divorce. So--why take the risk?

I am on a roll lately....I will try to keep my blog up to date. Bridals will be up soon! I can't wait to show them off! Anyone need a photographer?
http://annapociask.poundslabsonline.com

0 comments: